Ok, so I've been resistant to this one. We bought them 'big girl beds' a couple of months ago but haven't transitioned them yet but we plan to tonight. I have cited many reasons for waiting on moving them to a crib. Mainly because many a nap often begins by putting them in the crib against their will--how do you do that with a bed???  Also, with two in there I don't know what kinds of things they'll get into!
Anyhow, Baby #3 is coming and needs a crib so we need to move forward. So this is the 'ode to the cribs', written while they are taking their last nap in their cribs. I shouldn't be so sentimental about it because, A: It could be terrible and we might be putting them back up tomorrow night and just buying Baby #3 his own new crib and B: If we are successful the crib will be filled with a new little bundle in about 6 weeks--what could be better than that?  However, I've never done well with change and I can't say that I'm not a little sad about seeing the cribs come down. I can remember renting a truck and driving super fast to pick them up (we only had the truck for 1 hour) and then sweating through the summer heat as we put them together. Well, Ryan put them together, but I broke down and recycled the boxes which was no small feat with my bulbous twin infested belly.  When we brought them home from the hospital they looked so tiny in their cribs--I almost felt bad about leaving them in that big thing all alone. Over the last 2 years though they've spent a lot of time in their cribs--sleeping mainly but also jumping, laughing, babbling/talking with eachother, chewing on the sides (until we finally found some good covers), looking at books, snuggling with sneetches and blankets (see pics below) --and a little crying too :).  So tonight we start the big bed experiment--and in about 4 years when they outgrow their oh so cute ikea junior beds I'll be blogging and misting up about their transition to 'big, big girl beds'.



Carrying in the cribs with some help from Jeff and Ron




Putting the cribs together





Grace's first time in the crib





Twin time in the crib. They used to sleep in one crib until the started scooting dangerously close to one another









Grace







Lydia

















So much for crib bumpers :)







Lydia









Grace