You may have heard  me say this before . . .

change is not my strong suit.

I can rattle off a list of changes that triggered tears and emotions--

transition to college
transition out of college
transition to marriage
transition to parenthood (I literally stood in the garage crying the day I went into labor with the twins, telling Ryan that I wasn't ready to do this yet)

At these times, it is not that I am not excited for what is to come--clearly they are all very positive changes--it's just that it involves new territory and leaving behind times filled with amazing memories and nostalgia.

Today is no different. It is our official start of Kindergarten (we are part of a homeschool co-op community that has 'school' once a week) for the girls and preschool for Ben.  I can hear the hinges creaking mightily as Grace and Lydia close the door on the preschool years and turn the page to school years chapter. I know, I know--we are homeschooling so why the drama? Well, regardless of whether they are going to an official building every day or working at home with mom, the same principle holds true--we are launching into a new era which merit's some sappy pictures and a dedicated post.

At the time that I am writing this, Grace and Lydia are still snoozing but soon they will be up, scrambling into their new outfits which they carefully laid out last night,  putting on their backpacks and starting the day as shiny new kindergartners. It is surreal that we have passed the very long yet very full younger years with them. I am proud of the young girls they have become and excited to see what God has for them in the upcoming years.

It is equally surreal that my little man Benson is forging ahead into the preschool years. He is looking forward to it and is rockin' a very cool batman backpack.

We are prayerful and excited about this next step for our family. I know they will love it and I will too--since I get to be a big part of it via the homeschooling process. Stay tuned for more on that front.





Cliche yet adorable school pics below. Artwork compliments of Ryan.