I'm not a crafty mom to say the least. I don't like decorating for holidays much because that means I have to store it, get it out and then put it all back! However, my kids want to jazz the place up and do a craft for every holiday (mom, what what are we going to do for groundhog day?!?!?!?) so for Thanksgiving this year I had them make a 'thankfulness chain' which was essentially making a paper chain and on each strip they wrote something they (or someone in our family) was thankful for.  It was inspired by laziness and they wanted to 'help' with the Thanksgiving preparations so this kept them busy and 'helpful' for at least an hour, and I just love what they came up with. It also doubled as our thanksgiving centerpiece as I just draped it all across the table. Was quite entertaining for our guests as well. Thought I'd share. When needed, I will interpret. Also, no judging of my homeschooled spellers. They did this project without any help and Lydia also rushed like a mad woman "to make the longest chain ever!" so they didn't waste much time focusing on phonetics here. Anyhow, spelling skills developmentally come later--research shows, I promise:)




 Jack's Birthday



Love and Joy and Peace!







Healthy Body


Hilton Head

Grandma and Grandpa




Halloween

 Homeschool


Our Kitchen


Sissies (Ben's contribution written by his sisters)









The big World




Water




Ice Cream






Valentines Day









Kind People



My Imagination


 The Skaug Family






Aunts and Uncles















Happiness




Television



Coffee (my contribution written by the girls of course)


 Giraffe and Hope















suckers



Not sure what this one is. Hide and seek is my leading theory