it's 4:45 and I am up and pumping for my 6 am shift. have i mentioned that pumping is getting old? I go back and forth about whether I want to continue or not so for now I've come to a compromise. I am only pumping 3 times a day which ends up making a world of difference. I was going crazy trying to work/pump/eat/enjoy and care for babies etc. It's been interesting adjusting to working full time again. I'm on ER this month which is shift work and the shifts are sporadically scheduled. so that means that I can have a run of shifts in a row which invariably means I'll get grumpier and grumpier about the state of things in my life and the world in general (too much time in the ER and not much time at home = a jaded grumpy individual) then I'll have a few days off and everything is rosy. Ryan becomes the real saint in all of this of course. He puts up with the ranting and is ready to clear his schedule for some time together whenever my schedule lets up.

On a lighter note, Lyida and Grace are doing well. They are both all smiles recently and seem to converse with us in coos and squeals. No rolling yet but lydia did take a spill off of a low ottoman recently when her carseat tipped--she's o.k. and her parents are too ( I think it's more traumatizing for the parents anyhow). They are having their 4 month visit with the pediatrician next week and I'm looking forward to the great weigh in (why do we perseverate on their weight? I think it's because it's a reflection of our nurturing skills--our ability to feed and care for them so that they grow).

We enjoyed the inauguration and especially the historic significance of it all. I love getting a glimpse into the life of the president and his family. It's so intriguing. I kept trying to tell the girls all about why this year's inauguration was unique, but they didn't seem to grasp it :). I think they might be a better audience at the next one when they are four and they'll probably be in their "why" stage about every little thing.

So, that's a mini-all-over-the-place update for now.