We're working on our baby foods these days. They have been on some solids since 6 months but they're just now getting good at it. I think they have fun watching me stress about their abilities and milestones. My peds friends know I'm always looking for reassurance on the girls' development. Grace is going to be our best eater. She'll let you put just about anything in her mouth. Lydia however has a very strong gag apparently and has puked after trying puffers (like dissolvable cheerios), grits (Ryan tried it at cracker barrel) and I think green beans. She has decided though that she loves fruit. She makes the worst faces whenever she tries something new--even something that's a universal hit like ice cream. They it in their little high chairs now like big girls and eat their mashed up whatever.

On another note today is their 9 month birthday! I'm only a few weeks away from finishing residency (more on that later) and things are good. They're both jabbering on the monitor so I guess I should release them from their cribs soon :).




Grace's first attempt at eating a puffer. I think she missed the point




Lydia's classic "yuck" face