This is not so much a cutesy update as it is a brief glimpse into my everyday world so guys beware :) It's 5:15pm and I just got home from work. I'm hungry and I don't think I remembered to pee today, but first things first--I have to pump. This is the new story of my life. Background: the twins only get breastmilk (for the most part), but they only take it from a bottle--they aren't very good at taking it the old fashioned way so our pediatrician encouraged me to just pump it all. I definitely have mixed feelings about pumping. It's good for Lydia and Grace of course and I think it's supposed to be good for me too--oh and it's much cheaper than formula--but, pardon the pun, it's a time sucker. It doesn't sound that hard to do something every 3-4 hours, does it? Well, it is--at least for me. It's just the remembering and the stopping that can difficult. Sometimes I don't want to stop and pump--I just want to keep shopping or doing whatever I am doing, and adding another 20-25 minutes to pump in the morning makes it much harder to get out on time and I wasn't very good at it to begin with. However, and they don't mention this as a benefit of breastfeeding and I think they should, I think it's been beneficial for me to be forced to just stop and read, catch up on email, blog or even chat on the phone for a few minutes several times a day. Most of my picture organizing and blogging is done with the pump attached--I've gotten very good at it. I'm not sure Ryan even knows how to fall asleep anymore with out the whir-whir of the pump. I've even desensitized my female friends & family to the whole idea so that now I can just pump and continue socializing if it's a girls only gathering. I've pumped in multiple store dressing rooms and in the car too (as a passenger). I'd also like to make a disclaimer about formula--I'm not against it and will be feeding it to my girls when this pumping stuff really gets old. So, now that you all know about my feelings on breast pumping, I'll be sure to make the next entry cutesy, include pics and talk about the 'other twins' :).