We enjoyed a non-traditional valentines day today. Background: we aren't big into valentines day--we usually just do small things for eachother. Ryan thinks it is made up and would be fine doing nothing (he is not anti-romance, he just chooses to do nice things on regular days), but I succomb to societal peer pressure and like the small things. These two ideas about valentines day caused some problems on our first V-day because I told Ryan it wasn't a big deal and he interpreted it as "do nothing at all". I think there may have been tears even, so now we discuss valentines "expectations" so that scenario isn't repeated :). Anyhow, I worked overnight last night and I had just enough steam left to go out for a valentines breakfast. So, we put the girls in their matching outfits (see below), compliments of their Uncle Eric and Aunt Amy and went out ot our usual breakfast place for our first valentines day as a family. Then I spent the bulk of the afternoon sleeping in preparation for another night shift (I'm at work typing this) and then the whole family got baths (including the dogs) --not all at once though :). I hope you all enjoyed the day in your own unique ways as well.