this is a random post that has nothing to do with the babies--not directly anyhow. A blog is a place just to put little here and there thoughts, right? So I figure that at least my mom and husband will see the inner workings of my mind through these entries as my faithful followers (although Ryan is sporadic I think). We go to the gym quite bit, probably because we get 2 free hours of childcare a day. anyhow, I think the locker room is a very interesting place. You can feel any way that you want about your body depending on who you decide to focus on. There's the morning aqua aerobics class which is comprised of older, usually rotund ladies--they make me feel young and svelte. and then there is the a morning mom group-with tiny little yoga bodies and perky boobs despite childbearing. They make me feel squishy and large.
I love watching everyone get on the scale. Regardless of the woman's size, they slowly walk up to it, resolutely step onto it, and wait for the numbers to settle. Then they sigh, look around to see who saw their weight digitally displayed for the whole locker room and then step off to accomplish their workout. I have heard women of all shapes and sizes complaining about their bodies. I want to shake the ones that have absolutely nothing to complain about and say "enjoy it! you will probably never look better than this; let me show you what twins can do to you" and then show off my new and "unimproved" stomach but I just look away from them back at my more rotund locker room mates and head off to my workout feeling thin for the moment (until my eyes catch a glimpse of the young skinnies again :) ). Moral of the story: focus on other people's flab to feel better :)