I say new jobs plural because I feel like a stay at home mom in the mornings and an urgent care physician at night. I finished residency about 1 month ago and now I am working at several pediatric urgent care locations in Columbus that are owned by Nationwide Children's Hospital (where I did my residency). The upside of the job is that I am only working about 3-4 8 hours (in theory) shifts a week. I get to spend my mornings and early afternoons with the girls even ondays that I work because my shifts don't start until 3pm. The downside is that it's urgent care which goes a little like this: you're fine, you're fine, really you brought him in for this?, now where exactly is this rash. . . um can you point to it?, you're fine, you're fine, virus, virus, virus, oooh really bad break--and stay off those trampolines, so the fever just started 2 hours ago?, so this pain has been going on for 6 months and you're here tonight why?, rash. . . uh. .not sure what that is but it won't kill you!, etc, etc, etc. It's still very much a learning process. I don't think I've been paying attention at all the last 3 years during residency :). So far I like it, but we'll see. The winter is coming and I may just want to poke my eye out daily when it rolls around.

Here's a fun bath pic from Ryan's mom's sink to make the post more interesting.


p.s. lydia fell down the stairs the other day . . . but we didn't even take her to urgent care!!! Wish others would do the same.