I just got back from my first night away from the twins since they came home from the NICU. I went on a girls weekend trip to Chicago with some friends. I flew in Saturday morning and back home again on Sunday (today) so it was really only 30 hours away but I did miss the girls. I called home a couple of times and listened to them squeak on the phone. Ryan held down the fort without a problem. Friends Wendy, Jay and Sarah came down from Canton and helped him out to give him a little break. Wouldn't you know it that the first time I'm gone overnight and the twins slept through the night! I hope this is a trend that will continue. The trip was a success--we saw the musical "Wicked" (which I highly recommend) and had a fun night on the town. On my flight home when I was contemplating how I was looking forward to seeing the twins I came to the realization that this trip was the exact same length as some of my calls will be when I go back to work! I find that funny because I was all dramatic about leaving the twins and making sure Ryan was prepared with plenty of milk and lots of instructions, but really we'll be doing this routine on a regular basis this winter when I take call in some of my harder months. I didn't bring the girls back any souvenirs but I did bring them back a cooler full of breast milk that was pumped all over the city of Chicago which I'm sure tastes better than milk pumped in regular old Columbus :).