When we walk through public places with the twins we leave a wake of smiling people, most of them saying 'awww, twins' (at least the women). I like to call it the Rainbow Effect--it's like I'm carrying around a rainbow that makes everybody a little happier when you pass by. More often than not people will stop us to ask us the routine twin questions: 1. Are they twins? 2. Are they girls/boys (depending on the outfits) 3. How old are they? 4. Are they identical? 5. Do you have twins in your family? (a.k.a. did you use fertility Rx?) 6. What are their names? etc, etc. Then after the questions we usually hear about their closest link to twins or a new infant so I've heard lots about other peoples' children and grandchildren :). Last night at dinner we spent 15 minutes talking to a canadian couple at the table next to us and even looking at pictures of their 4 and 8 year old children. I don't mind all of the attention and the answering of questions and I'm especially happy to have it shifted off of my belly and onto my babies. Most people we meet are very kind and remind us to soak up every minute, enjoy the girls and they are always sure to congratulate us (although one lady said to me 'they're 5 weeks and you still have that belly there'? however, she was about 250 lbs so I didn't take to heart). I think it's really sweet of everyone to show so much interest, and I think I'll miss this 'Rainbow Effect' once the girls are older and they don't have that newborn charm that apparently makes everyone smile.